The Foodsaver V4880 Vacuum Sealing System is very easy to use, and it can make food sealing a lot easier. It’s completely automatic function allows hands-free use. By instantly detecting the FoodSaver bag, it begins the vacuum sealing process immediately, without you having to worry about selecting any settings or pressing any buttons to control the process.
This vacuum sealer also has a built-in, retractable hand held sealer that will allow you to vacuum and seal zip containers, containers and jars, as well as bags, very easily. This device also includes a wide sealing strip which applies the heat to create the airtight seal after removing the air from the bag. The wider sealing strip makes a much better seal than a narrow one and the seal is much more reliable too.
FoodSaver V4880 Vacuum Sealing System also features a rapid marinate mode, which marinates food in minutes rather than hours, 2 vacuum speeds and automatic food type detection system to detect dry and moist foods.
V4880 Vacuum sealer is a high quality, feature rich, vacuum sealer that we rate as one of the best food sealers on the market today. Read on, and you will find our in-depth review of the FoodSaver along with the pros and cons of this model and our tips on how to install and use the vacuum sealer.
Benefit of V4880 Vacuum Sealer
This vacuum sealer is tremendously flexible. Its auto detection sensor picks up the bag when it is placed in the slot and then seals the bag tightly closed in an instant.
The system also instantly detects if the food is dry or moist as well, and then it automatically adjusts the suction accordingly to make sure that liquids are not sucked out of the bag along with the air.
The device includes a retractable hand held sealer. This can be used seal zip lock bags, containers, jars, and so on.
The vacuum sealer also has a quick marinate setting, which considerably reduces the time that marinating takes. The system can also be used to remove the air from wine bottles, which will keep leftover wine fresh for much longer.
The FoodSaver is a feature rich, well-built vacuum sealer that is probably suited to more heavy-duty use than some of the smaller FoodSaver. If you have a large family, for example, and you like to buy your food in bulk and then store it in the freezer, this would be a great choice of vacuum sealer for you. The automatic features of the food sealer make using the appliance so quick and easy that it would also be good for quickly sealing and storing food leftovers.
- This vacuum sealer is extremely reasonably priced and very economical, especially when compared to other models with similar features.
- The completely automatic device auto detects the type of food that is being sealed, such as moist, dried food, or loose food, and then adjusts the sealing process appropriately.
- It comes with a five year warranty.
- This device includes a detachable handheld sealer.
- The marinate mode allows you to marinate any kind of food within minutes.
- It is a bit heavy when compared with some other vacuum sealers. It is also quite large.
- This appliance is primarily suited for family homes or small commercial establishments. It might be unnecessarily large and expensive or some people
As always, one of the best ways to assess the quality of any product is to look at customer reviews and the FoodSaver V4880 gets excellent reviews from most people, with many people saying that the FoodSaver V4880 is the best of all the FoodSaver vacuum sealer systems. The main cause of the few negative reviews appears to be the automatic nature of this model, which some people simply don’t like. If you would rather have manual control over the food sealing process, then we would recommend that you take a look at the FoodSaver V2244 or the FoodSaver V3240.
Features of V4880
This FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer is attractively designed and well built. It could even add a bit of style to your kitchen counter top and, because of its neat design; it could be kept in the countertop, or stored in a kitchen cabinet.
Maintaining this device isn’t exactly what you would call a brain teaser. To start with, it comes with a starter package that contains one heat-seal roll, five quart size zipper bag, five quart dimension heat-seal bags, one lunch time and leftover container and one wine stopper. This reduces your initial bag cost. On-going maintenance simply consists of regular cleaning and replacing the bag material when necessary.
This is not exactly a lightweight appliance. However, it is definitely lighter than many competing models and brands. It would certainly be easier to move around than many of the chamber sealers.
- Ease of Use
The FoodSaver V4880 vacuum sealer claims to be completely automatic and simple to use. However, you will need to follow the instructions within the user guide carefully, otherwise you might find it hard to operate and you may not be able to get the automatic sensor functioning properly.
- 2-in-1 Sealing System
The system comes with a retractable hand held sealer for sealing containers, jars, zip lock bags and similar food storage containers.
- Completely Automatic Operation
Once you get the hang of it, sealing food in bags is very easy and it’s completely automatic.
How to Install
Here’s a quick guide to installing and using the FoodSaver V4880 vacuum sealer:
- Open the appliance door and place roll into the roll Holder. For best results, insert the roll with the bag material flap at the bottom of the roll.
- Lift up the cutter bar and place the bag material underneath it.
- Take out enough bag material to contain the item that you are vacuum sealing, plus four inches (10.16 cm). Lower the Roll vinyl cutter Bar and cut the bag to size.
- Press the seal button. A red-coloured seal indicator light will illuminate.
- Using two hands slowly place the open end of the bag into the vacuum channel until the clamp motor starts.
- When the red seal indicator light goes off, the sealing is complete and you can remove the bag from the vacuum channel.
- At this point, you have vacuum sealed you first bag
- Now you are all set to vacuum seal with your new vacuum bag sealer.
Ultimately, this FoodSaver V4880 review demonstrates that this vacuum sealer system has many more plus points than it has negative ones and most users of the system give it the thumbs up in reviews as well.
The automated sealing function, rapid marinade setting, the dishwasher-safe drip tray, and the external portable sealing attachment, all add up to make the Foodsaver V4880 Vacuum Sealing System stand out over other vacuum sealers that are available on the market at the moment.
The FoodSaver V4880 vacuum sealer is a smart looking and practical device that is a good food sealing product which will easily blend together with your other kitchen appliances. It will keep food fresh for up to five times longer than most other forms of food packaging, it will stop freezer burn, and the marinating function will save you loads of time. It’s another winner from the guys at FoodSaver!